Tuesday, December 27, 2005

simply wonderful



Our Christmas was simply wonderful this year. . . minus all the rushing around and whatnot.

Christmas Eve we were at my parent's. .. we shared our dinner with Gloria and Amanda again this year. . yummy antipasto and raviolis. then Auntie Judy and Uncle Tony came over and we did presents with them. John and I got a cute kitty frame, 2 cute kitty christmas mugs (sensing a theme?? :) ), a law and order board game and 2 adorable signs for our "office" - mine says world's greatest scrapbooker and john's is world's greatest computer whiz.

Christmas Day we were up very early and did our presents. I got MAJORLY spoiled by John:


in my stocking :
3 adhesive refills
fontwerks stamps
williams sonoma gift certificate
itunes gift certificate
perfume (burberry brit)
post its (i'm always saying i want bright post its for work LOL)
a QK die
ki ice candy

and my wrapped under the tree stuff:
2 pocket dragons
4 movies
4 books i wanted
pjs
an outfit for work he chose all by himself
a garfield page a day calender
a greyhound wall calendar (from the "future")
a "nightie" (i opened it and was like. .oh you bought a present for yourself )
work pants
2 shirts
philosophy body wash (apple cider)
slippers (which have to be switched for the right size)
the HS handwriting book

a vera bradley purse and matching wallet.

BUT my biggest surprise was yet to come!!
We have a friendly "competition" on christmas. .who can "beat" the other. .and i've been walking around yelling for weeks that i'm going to win ROFL - with those Billy Joel tickets


we were opening and he kept telling me that belle's present to me was VERY special but i couldn't open it yet - so finally he goes okay close your eyes and takes belle into the bedroom. .he comes out and says "call her over to you" she came right over to me and i opened my eyes. . she was wearing a red ribbon around her neck and on it was. ..

my channel set wedding band!!!!!!

it's really pretty. . 9 little diamonds. .and it's a 3 stone "enhancer" so there's a curve in the band where it fits right up against my engagement ring!!! To say I was shocked would be an understatement!!!!

then off to my mom and dad's for more present opening

there I got:


socks (regular, trouser and slipper )
some clothes
and my big presents there were a gorgeous silver ring. . something i would not have chosen for myself but is very cool and funky
and a new winter coat. . it's really really nice!!!


and my uncle gave us a best buy gift card

we had dinner and then RAN to my cousin's to give the little kids their presents and then left pretty quick to be at my father in law's for 6pm. . where we had ANOTHER christmas. I got:


hat, gloves, scarf
a watch
a borders gift card
and our "couple" present was
an espresso machine and
the disney edition of scene it
(each couple/person got a different scene it version and the espresso machine. . .the single guys got a home brewing kit )


and then from my secret santa at john's dad's (my sister in law michelle) i got a cute smores guy and 4 shower gels from bath and body works!!!

definately a crazy hectic day and i was VERY spoiled!!!

i'm hoping to share pictures later (especially of my ring. .but it's being sized right now :( )

7 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger volvomom said...

Wow! It sounds like you had such a great Christmas! Happy, happy holidays many times over!! :)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Disney Mummy said...

Amanda that sounds like an absolutely lovely Christmas!!!! I can't wait to see your wedding band at the next crop.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger ~Mel said...

Wow - you really did make out like a bandit this year! Good for you!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Christina said...

That sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see a picture of your ring!

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Amanda!
How fun to see your gift list...omgosh on the ring! Can't wait to see it :)

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! you hit the motherload! :)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger volvomom said...

Amanda - where are you??!! I miss your posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home