Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Movin’ on up. . .



“To the east side. . . to a deeeeeluxe apartment in the sky. . .movin on up. . .”

okay. .so there is no “deeeeluxe apartment in the sky” but we are moving. John and I saw a 2 bedroom condo to rent in Dracut a couple nights ago. The woman who owns it is really nice (she’s about our age) and let us know she’s really excited to rent to us.

so that’s really good. . it’s more space. . (another WHOLE bedroom :) :) - can we say scrapbooking room??) and most importantly it’s belle friendly!!! :) this is a good thing. My little kitty no longer has to be contraband!!! Oh and we can paint. . everything but the big kitchen/living room .. but that’s already painted a really pretty cocoa-ish color. Oh and please note, the aforementioned scrapbooking room WILL be a nursery in about a year and a half :)

so we’re moving in a little over a week. . yeah pretty quick! Can you say PANIC??!!??

I’m also a little nervous. .i have to be honest. I’ve never lived anywhere but Billerica besides going away to college – which doesn’t count. I’m worried about dumb stuff like where the post office is .. and where we can go out to eat. . . I must keep remembering it’s not outer Mongolia . . it’s like 2 towns away!!!! Lol

I’ll be sure and post pictures once all our stuff is settled and whatnot :)

In other news:

Friday night we went shopping – I did get jeans . .not really happy with them but they’ll do for right now.

I also hit the Clinique counter. Now, in college and right after I was a Clinique snob. .it’s all I used – and I LIVED for bonus time. My skin is just a nightmare lately so I decided to go back to Clinique and see if it helped. I bought some face wash and then went to macy’s to look for my watch (see next bullet) and ended up chatting with the Clinique lady who told me that what I thought I should be using was all wrong and ended up with Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and superfit makeup. Both really awesome and my skin feels better already!

The watch – I have had the same watch for about 4 or so years. John gave it to me for our first “dating” anniversary. The clasp part is loose or broken. It kept falling off. And really annoying the CRAP out of me. I said I was planning on asking for a new one for my birthday in December. He said he’d buy it now and I could have it so I wouldn’t be without a watch. Sooo after much hemming and hawing I chose a Fossil watch. I love it. . my mom thinks it’s tacky but I think it’s fun and funky and ME :oP so there you go

Ah Vera Bradley how I adore thee. Sat. morning we headed out to the 20% off one day only Vera Bradley sale. I chose a bag for myself: the little betsey in Nantucket Red.

and then we bought one for my mom for Christmas: the spectator in alpine black (she already has the same style in the bermuda blue)

I also got the matching wallet. Sadly mean Santa (aka john) is making me wait until Christmas to have my pretties. . SIGH

Then we went and got Kerrin a tattoo. Fear not loyal blog readers – I did not pierce or tattoo anything else on my body. I do really want another one though .

So there are my updates. Nothing terribly interesting. But I’ll take it :)

Edited: i can't get my stupid pictures to upload!!!

4 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda! There are lots of restaurants in Dracut. My girlfriend had a condo there and she survived coming from BRICA!!!! :) Mama's for Italian, Lo Kai - Chinese and drinks, not Chun King but it's ok! Everyone raves about the Dracut village inn - Haven't been- but I heard it's just like Garrison's. :)

Nancy

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Disney Mummy said...

How is the packing going? You must be so excited!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger [ .: Hols :. ] said...

Oh, I hate packing!

Hope everything is going a-ok!

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seeeee...i DO read your blog!! so,now you can't say anything, muh' dear! *grin* hehehe!! yeyyyy on moving!!! congrats on your new place! how exciting! & i *heart heart heart* clinique too!! should head there soon & refresh my stuff...i need new face wash..it's th only thing that's ever worked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home