Saturday, October 08, 2005

On the way home - my thoughTs

so Tracey challenged us to document our thoughTs with a few challenges... so here's my crack at one

I commute about 40-60 minutes each way, each day to work. i have a lot of time for thought. but what do i do with that time??? on my way home i listen to a talk station (96.9 for those in my area :) ) and usually i catch jay severin's show - it's a politically conservative talk radio show so it gives me a lot to think about. so. . .on the way home sometimes my thoughts are deep.

on the other hand since i drive the same exact way to and from work and hardly ever vary (i am an EXTREME creature of habit - but that's another post) my car can almost drive itself. on those days i let my mind wander (you know the times - you realize with a start that you got from point A to point B but have no knowledge of everything in between - am i the only one this happens to??) i think about my life. . my family. . my future. .. my job. . . i think about babies and names and lately, getting pregnant, finding out i'm pregnant, growing round and full with a new life. .. so. .on the way home sometimes *lately* my thoughts are baby obsessed.

generally though it's a mixture between the deep thoughts and the "fluffier" thoughts. . like. . babies and "man i hope john emptied the (insert dishwasher, cat box, trash etc etc here) so sometimes my thoughts are everyday, boring, mundane. . but they're MINE

so there you have it. .. that's me on the way home :)

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

What a neat thing to think about and record... i hope you do a scrap page about this! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home