Saturday, October 01, 2005

(photo) Decor Diva


















(excuse the crappy pics. i think my camera lens needs a cleaning)

can I just say that i LOVE Donna Downey?? she's seriously amazing. I was so lucky today to get the opportunity to take a class based on her "yes it's a scrapbook" series of idea books. She taught 3 - one based on each of her books. I took the one based on the Photo Decor book (hence the title of the entry!!!). If you have the opportunity to take a class with her > > > > DO IT!!!!

she is so full of life!!! she's funny, talented, and so down to earth. she was so generous with her time between the classes too: signing autographs and posing for pictures with everyone who asked!! (and believe you me. .i asked. . i'm a certified groupie. . . . :) )

It was every bit as amazing as i expected. The reason I chose the class i did was I LOVE the idea of using your photos as part of your home decor. it just makes sense. donna actually said the reason she wrote the book was oftentimes she'd create a layout and love it so much she'd leave it out on her desk for days!! (i've DONE this LOL) and then she figured why put them all in albums when you can use your creativity to enhance your home (or someone else's . .her projects make AMAZING gifts!!!)

anyway the class project was the one from her book using the oversized wooden letters. she used PLAY in the book but we did LOVE. which is so cool!!! and the class kit papers were the new-er chatterbox powder room papers.

I am totally *geeked* about how awesome it came out (yeah i used my wedding pictures. .now THERE'S the shock of the century right??) :)

I seriously want to go buy a bunch of letters and a VAT of Mod Podge. . .watch out people - this holiday season - lots of altered letters are gonna be in Santa's sleigh!!!

also, kris the awesome owner of Amandalinz (my not so local LSS) took special orders for more letters since she got them for such a deal. i stole my friend Laura's idea and ordered letters to do "NOEL" for the holidays :) :) awesome!!

now i just need to decide where to hang this "masterpiece" :)

thanks donna. .you ROCK :)





2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda that is so cool that you got to hang out with Donna Downey. I wonder if she will talk about you guys on her blog this week. How cool would that be? Love the "love" letters! I also love the new hair cut.

jane

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I'm sorry that I missed it. Sounds like a great time. I recently picked up some letters pretty cheap, I'll have to get cracking. Glad that you had a great time.

Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home