Thursday, October 27, 2005

{Islands of fun and the second circle of hell}


interesting title, non?? :)

anyway. . . john and i are in the process of packing. . . i never knew 2 humans and a cat (a small cat at that) could generate so much STUFF!!!!!! we're throwing things away. . which is good. .but i feel like we're not making a dent. .which is BAD!!! - welcome to the second circle of hell!!!

in reality , we are making great progress and are in FINE shape to move on Saturday.. . it just seems hopeless!!!

this is where the "islands of fun" come in. the other night john was like. . oh we should watch Robots tonight. . and i said that i didn't really think we had the time for a 2 hour movie. . . so he came up with what he calls the "islands of fun" . . small breaks in our packing hell where we do something fun - that night we ended up watching grey's anatomy snuggled up on the couch. so HOORAY for john's islands of fun!!!

he makes me laugh. . LOL . . he really has been a godsend through all this. I don't do well with change - i just don't. . it's part of my personality - i HATE HATE HATE change. I'm actually borderline OCD about it. . . so John really has been my saving grace this week. .keeping me on track and keeping me from going crazy.

As an addendum to our residence at the second circle of hell - i packed my scrapping stuff MONDAY - like 4 days ago. . and OF COURSE. . inspiration has struck. . ROFL. . .i'm pathetic!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger volvomom said...

I'm so excited for your move! Yea! I can't wait to see your new place! Even moreso - I can't wait to see you! I haven't seen you in forever! Margaritas are calling!

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

*HUGS*! I know its tough to get everything ready to go and get moved, but once you get settled in the new place i'm sure you'll make it "home" :) wish I could come help!! :-*
Kristin

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yey for the move! glad things are going good! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home