Friday, April 08, 2005

{musings}

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. - Anatole France

Jill-Ann posted this quote in the pub over at 2 peas today and it really struck me. i think that it probably speaks to a lot of people, scrapbookers and non-scrappers alike. i have had one page picked up by a major publication (scrapbook trends) and then 2 pages in an e-zine. not exactly the success i'd envisioned for myself. truth be told, i'm VERY disappointed in myself most times. i always tell myself when i submit, "this one is great, they'll love this one" and then remind myself that it's okay if they don't, but there is ALWAYS that sting of rejection when you realize the calls have gone out and you didn't get one. then after the sting comes the beating myself up part. . lol and the "i can't believe i thought this one had a chance" part. those are the hard parts for me.

john will tell me every single time how awesome he thinks my stuff is, how awesome he thinks i am, and i love him for that, i really do. . but he just doesn't get it. truth be told. . i don't think anyone but a submitting scrapper does.

anyway, the posting of that quote just brings it all back for me. . yeah it sucks when you don't get a call but i have to keep believing, keep dreaming, keep doing. . and just keep submitting. .

and on a related note. .i'm beginning to think i'm losing my mind - i went to starbuck's on the way to work today (i try to keep it just to fridays. . otherwise. . i'd be poorer than i already am LOL). . . as i sipped my iced tazo tea lemonade i thought to myself "self. . how i love anything that comes in this cup". .and like a lightning bolt i had my page for the pubster's liquid inspirations journal. so .. why am i losing my mind?? well because naturally i have to save my empty cup, take it home, and photograph it. . . that my friends is why i'm a nutcase :)


*04/08/05*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home